Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's gift bag designing time!

Today on Splitcoast, the challenge was to use wrapping paper on a card, or decorate a gift bag. Well, if you know me well, you should know that nothing that I give as a gift is wrapped. I'm a bag lady! I'm not the best wrapper, and those corners are ridiculous to get crisp! So, I usually decorate the tissue paper (when I have time!) with stamping. Today, though, I looked at the challenge and at some of the submitted works, and I really thought I would skip the challenge. Then I thought about Denise's cards that I just finished, and what was I going to put them in??? So, I went in my stamp room and came out with a bag! I'm happy with it. Obviously, I could have done better with different paper, but it turned out ok! I was so excited that I could use my new Stampin' Up Christmas Designer Paper Dashing! I have seen some really cool creations with this paper, and had to get it at my last party. There are so many awesome designs in this packet, it was hard to pick which paper to use!!!!
I'm really starting to be a challenge chaser, as they call it on Splitcoast! I have to check every day to see what the new challenge is! It's VERY addicting!!!! But, it's putting good use to all my stuff, and my brain! Because I have to really think and broaden my horizons when designing some of these cards! But, I have to say, that I really do have an ulterior motive. I'm hoping that as I keep doing these challenges, I'll get better and better, and someone will notice and invite me to be on a design team! I would LOVE the opportunity to do something elite like that!
Anyway, on to the bag! Here it is!
Recipe:
Stamps:Baroque Motifs, Alphabet from Anna Griffith
Paper: Dashing, Very Vanilla
Ink: Ruby Red Craft Ink
Accessories: Clear Stickles, Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, silver ribbon
This bag was really easy to put together! It really didn't take more than an hour.
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!