Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Favorite Things

Last night I was on a live chat "cocktail party" for My Favorite Things, a stamp company, on Splitcoaststampers. It went by SO fast! I'm so glad I have DSL and not the old dial up! I would never have been able to keep up! There ended up being about 40+ pages of people chatting back and forth. It was really cool!
I found it very interesting how a lot of these people are good friends, and just like I do, lots of these people drool over everyone else's work on Splitcoaststampers. It's a very unique community where these people are from all over the world and they all come together and share their latest creations.
Anyway, the party was because My Favorite Things was releasing 3 new stamp sets. I, of course, bought two! (The third one had a dog in the scene, and if you know me well enough, you know how I feel about animals....) They sent out a coupon, so that just enhanced a sweet deal! And they are looking for guest designers starting in March, so the first challenge to find someone was to make an Artist Trading Card, or ATC, and attach it to a card. So, in essence, it's a card within a card.


Here's mine:
Recipe: Stamps: Sweet Treats, Every Day Flexible Phrases
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Positively Pink, Going Gray, Bordering Blue, Real Red, Garden
Green, Classic Black
Paper: Black, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Mat Pack, Michael's ribbon, Crystal Effects for the fudge, Glitter Glue for the "vanilla" ice cream, aqua painter for the pinks and gray/blue to blend the colors a little bit; Simply Circles brass template for the black dry embossing.
I'm going to make a Christmas one, so I'll post it here as well when I have time to finish it. 1AM came too quickly and I was just too tired to continue!
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!