Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Elegant Saffron Wedding

This post is all about the wedding favors and card that I made for my husband's boss who is getting married this weekend.

I worked probably a good month on these favors! I did a little at a time. The thing that took the longest was stamping on each 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper! I had to stamp on 125! AAAaaaggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I got through it! And continued on w/ all the other stuff. But, it was well worth it, as they came out pretty great! And the bride liked them, so that was a plus of course! The second thing I made was a simple wedding card for them. I wanted to make something that matched the wedding favors, so I stuck w/ Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron and Ruby Red, and created a card based on today's SCS sketch challenge. It took literally 20 minutes to make this card! Because I only had 20 minutes to make this card! I think, had I had more time, I would have done something different. Make it a little more elaborate, but today was nuts, so there was no time!

Anyway, the recipe. Ok, well, for the wedding favors, I used the 2-5-7-10 bag/box template that can be found on SCS under Resources and then I think under Projects. This is seriously the simplest thing ever! The only thing is, if you're using Scor-Pal to score all your folds, make sure you have a spare bone folder because mine is flat now, and I have to order another one. I'm not too happy about that! Oh well, live and learn I guess! Maybe I can finagle a free one!!! Cross your fingers!
Anyway, ok, back to the favors. I used a Scallop punch, circle punch, both tag punches, and the stamp sets that I used are: Baroque Motifs, Fancy Flexible Phrases, and Lovely Letters. I absolutely LOVE the Lovely Letters!!!!!! And it's not retiring, but get it today!!!! It's really one of the prettiest alphabets I own! I used eggplant ribbon (thanks H.C.!) and ruby ribbon to add a little punch of that ruby that was apparently a splash in the wedding decor. And that is it! Super simple!
On to the card. The layout can be found here. I wanted to make the card match, colorwise, to the favors that I made. So, I stamped the Baroque Motifs on the purple squares, and then stuck them to the So Saffron squares. Then I lined them up on the card, and stuck them together! The stamps in the middle are from the dollar bins at Michael's. I think I have all of them right now! But, they are perfect for this kind of thing! If you don't have a lot of stamps built up in your collection, these are the way to go because they are little and you can store them easily in baseball card sleeves in a binder.

So, anyway, that's it! I'm so excited I'm done! Now I can get this eggplant and saffron paper off my desk! Woo hoo!!!!! On to the next project!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!