Sunday, June 29, 2008

State Fair Bedding Inspiration


Yesterday I participated in the Inspiration Challenge on SCS. This was the inspiration: State Fair Bedding by Garnet Hill. I don't usually do the challenges, but Friday night I wasn't tired, so I waited until after midnight and saw the challenge and decided to participate. I can't remember if I have done another inspiration challenge or not. Maybe once before.
Anyway! So, I decided to play up the quilt part. I searched through my stamps, and came across Background Sampler. I stamped each one in Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Basic Brown. Then, I took my square punch, I don't remember which one I used, and punched a square for each background and color. Then, I positioned them on my card, did a little cutting and adhesive and I was done! Then, I decided to draw attention to the stitching on the pillows. I should have just used a scallop edge, but I don't have any scallop nestibilities yet, and I didn't like any of my stencils. So, I drew it, and that's why it's not that great! I added ribbon, and I drew a pillow and added the "stitching" to that as well, and since it was red white and blue to me, I added the sentiment "Have a 'Grand Ole' Day!". I added square metal clips just for some added embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Grand Ole' Day!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!