Thursday, June 26, 2008

Snow White and her lovely animals....


Today's card was made for the challenge on SCS: To use birds on a card. I'm not too into animals and birds, but it surprises me how many animal and bird stamps I have acquired. When searching for the "right" bird, I came upon a Martha Stewart Christmas stamp set that had birds on it. When I saw the birds, I immediately thought of blue birds and Snow White, and thought this would be perfect! I could do birds, but not make them the focal point!
So, that's how this card came about! I used Lovely As A Tree for the "forest" and watercolor minis for the buds on the trees. I drew a little grass where Snow White is standing. I actually stamped the one rabbit and red bird on vellum, and then turned it over and colored it in and cut it out, so that they would be facing her. I feel like I have to do this ALL the time! Why do most animals face only 1 way! Well, thank God for vellum, anyway! I popped the rabbits and bird up w/ pop up dots, as well as Snow White. I drew a cloud, and then cut it out and masked the blue to make the clouds. I love this look! I think it adds dimension!
And just for some added embellishments, I added brass brads to the corners. All colors used: So Saffron, Real Red, Brocade Blue, Brilliant Blue, Going Gray, Basic Gray, black gel pen, Garden Green, Basic Brown. Paper: Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue, vellum.

Thanks for stopping by!
Love your animals today! For me!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!