Sunday, June 8, 2008

Gratitude and Roses


Tonight I sat down at my crafting desk and just thought of what I could create. There was an inspiration challenge last Sat. that I was looking at and the inspiration was movie dresses. Either in the movies, or movie stars. Quite a few Titanic "tea" dresses, and some others. There were some really interesting interpretations. I was thinking of doing a card based on one of my favorite movies. But, the leading lady in National Treasure doesn't wear a dress. Well, she does, but it's all black. So..... I nixed that. Then I looked at my check list of cards I need to make and Aunt Lynn's Mother's Day cards was still unchecked. Well, I guess I could work on these!!!

I have a lot of burgundy from past Christmas cards, and I just got a new pack of Basic Gray (I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!). So, I thought I would bring the two together. I did not want to make the same cards I made for my sister, w/ Burgundy and Black, so I thought I would do the burgundy and gray and add a little splash of Mellow Moss!

I used 3 different stamp sets: Define Your Life, Roses in Winter, and Dotted Autumn. I really like how this turned out! What do you think?!

I'm going to make 10 of these. They will have different "definitions", but the layout I think will be the same.
Bring on the assembly line!!!!
I don't think I'm going to do the recipe thing anymore. If you really want to know what I used and I don't explain something in my description, just email me and I can tell you.

Thanks for stopping by!
And you CAN use Burgundy in the summer! It's not just a winter color!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!