Sunday, June 29, 2008

Flower Garden


This card was made for my mom's birthday, who shares a birthday w/ my daughter! So the 28th is a special day! So, I wanted to make my mom a special card! (Not that I would make her a crappy one!)

I was sitting by my daughter's bed the other night so she could go to sleep, and I was looking through the 2005-2006 SU! catalog for some ideas for upcoming cards, and I came across this beautiful card on pge. 129 under Flower Garden. So, I decided that I would make that card for my mom. I changed the colors and paper but the layout is the same.


I used Mellow Moss for the card base, and ran it through my Cuttlebug w/ some flower folder. Then, I broke out my metallic Perfect Pearls that I bought on clearance at Scrapbook Station. I rubbed the "Perfect Medium" all over the flowers, and then brushed on the green patina and gold patina powders. Then I stamped the flower from Flower Garden onto watercolor paper w/ Black StazOn. (Note: If you own a black Memento ink pad, you cannot use this w/ water. I have ruined several images using my aquapainter. I would suggest either use StazOn, or use a blender pen instead of the aquapainter.) I then colored the flowers w/ watercolor crayons: Pretty in Pink, highlighted w/ Regal Rose and for the leaves: Mellow Moss, highlighted w/ Old Olive and a little Pretty in Pink. I cut the flower and leaf out and put them to the side. I found a nice Happy Birthday stamp in the It's Your Birthday set, and stamped that in Pretty in Pink. I took out my favorite stamp in Label Classics and stamped in Mellow Moss around the Happy Birthday. I cut it out and adhered everything around the ribbon that I had already tied onto the mellow moss.


Thanks for stopping by!

Stop and smell the flowers!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!