Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Twisted Thursday sketch!


Hello all! I got a Twisted Thursday sketch done under the wire! You can find the weekly sketches on Karolyn Loncon's blog Paper Therapy! I didn't get to do last week's sketch, so I definitely wanted to get one in this week! Good thing she's on the other side of the country! I would have been too late!!!
Anyway, I just recently purchased Hey Chick! from Kitchen Sink Stamps, and I wanted to create something w/ this new set. I thought this was the perfect sketch to try it out! I just used Barely Banana for each layer on the chicks, and it turned out good! I'm not good at mixing colors to really get that definitive look. Plus, all I really have are SU! colors, so it's hard for me to mix colors like the Kitchen Sink girls! But, I think the Barely Banana captured the fur on these chicks pretty nicely! The papers are just what I've had hoarded away. I used buttons from who knows where! And white taffeta ribbon underneath the buttons. Oh, and I added pearls to soften the look and add some detail to the other parts of the card.
Enjoy!
Have a great day!
Happy Stamping!!!

5 comments:

  1. How cute! Wonderful colors and take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin this turned out adorable. Love the yellow and green combination and all those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You got to play, and I'm so grateful to you for that!! This is DARLING! I love those little chickies, and you're right - the Barely Banana works great!! Thank you, Erin, for playing - you have no idea how much I appreciate it. You are a GEM!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out very sweet!!! Great job on the challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card Erin! I love your previous cards too...very creative! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!