Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prince Charming!





Hi! This week's MFT challenge for the Idol contest is to make a one layer card! Kind of difficult, if you're not used to making one layer cards! I like to usually add at least one more layer!
The picture above w/ the girl cleaning was the first card I made. I wanted to use this set, as it doesn't belong to me, and wanted to take advantage of it!!! Thanks Kelli! :D When I stamped it, I wanted to just highlight the girl, so that's why I didn't color the tv, or anything elses. The girl and tv are from MFT's Maid For You. The sentiment is from MFT's Window Shopping.
The card above that was my second take on the challenge. I was perusing through last year's PaperCrafts magazine, and I came across a card that Annabelle O'Malley made, and it looked like I could make it into a one layer card. So, that's where I got the inspiration. Apparently, on her card, it was designer paper, but I used MFT's Build A Bouquet flower stamps for the side. I stamped in Close to Cocoa and stamped off, and Soft Sky.
The first card, Mr. Prince Charming, was the one I finally went with. I was kicking the idea around for the past two days, and just this afternoon actually was able to get it on paper! Literally! After creating this, I thought, Jeez, I must be watching too much Sleeping Beauty w/ my daughter!!! The knight, dragon, flames and the "Prince Charming" words are from MFT's Good Night. The other words are from MFT's Twisted Two. It really says, "This is not a costume, I AM a witch!" So, I just changed it up a bit to suit my card, and wha la! I cut the dragon out w/ my exacto knife, and then ran him through my cuttlebug in my new Tiny Mosaic Textures embossing folder so he was scaly. I then painted Key Lime Shimmerz over him. I versamarked his spikes and then sprinkled Glossy Glaze over them to make them look like they were hard. I cut out and made the wing 3-D since he really is flying over Prince Charming!
I sponged a cloudy sky w/ QuickSilver pigment ink around a cloud that I drew. Kind of masking. I drew the edge of the cliff that Prince Charming is kneeling on. I tried to make it look realistic, but it looks more like a whale fin than a cliff! Oh well! I colored Prince Charming and the cliff w/ my gray Copic, then the darker gray is SU!'s Going Gray for highlights and shadows. I colored a cross on his shield and his chest w/ my gold metallic pen, and his sword w/ my silver metallic pen. The flames are stamped in Pumpkin Pie, and then I put yellow and red stickles to make them more like fire balls!
Have a great day!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!