Friday, April 3, 2009

Shirley's 2 Girls second sketch!

Outside

Inside
Hello all! This card was made for Shirley's 2 Girls second sketch challenge being held at Karolyn's Paper Therapy blog. It's called Twisted Thursday sketches. She posts the new sketch each Thursday and you have until Sunday night to upload! If you are randomly chosen, you can win a free stamp from Shirley's 2 Girls store!
I just enjoy doing sketch challenges, and Karolyn is a really great friend of mine. So, I want to patronize her blog! And share it with all of you!
I used paper from Me and My Big Ideas Black and White Specialty Cardstock. I have no idea when I bought this. It's in a 12x12 stack. I also used Basic Black and Whisper White. I used a black flower from Sabrina by Making Memories. The basket and the flower inside are from Memory Of the Heart (retired) from Stampin' Up! and colored in Pretty in Pink. The flower on the inside is also from Sabrina.
I made this card for my great aunt who is celebrating her 85th birthday next week! Her daughter sent out an email to all of our family in hopes that my great aunt could receive 85 birthday cards! Isn't that so sweet?!

Have a wonderful day!
Happy Stamping!!!

11 comments:

  1. That's my GIRL!! Wowzers, Erin! This is just STUNNING! I love the elegance of the black and white flourishes, and then with the little pop of pink in your image. Just gorgeous! But I would expect nothing less from you, my sweet friend. Thanks, Erin, truly - it means the world to me that you play along! Hugs girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great play on the sketch. Love the black and white combo. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH....I haven't heard that song in foooooor-evah!! "That thing you do!!" Oh it just gets me dancin' in my chair!!

    Great stampin, great singing, have a great weekend

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, this is gorgeous. What a elegant take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - What a beautiful Card! I love the elegant look of your card with the black/white/pink colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How elegant this card is, what a lovely take on the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card and I am so excited that you decided to play with us again. Thank you. Your aunt is going to absolutely love this card. I love that you also completed the inside of the card also. Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing job...love the colors...very elegant card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Erin! Thanks for visiting me! I luv your card and your blog. Take care!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really like your hint of pink with the black & white! Just delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!