Thursday, April 23, 2009

Twisted Thursday challenge!





Hello there! Today is another Twisted Thursday challenge on Karolyn's blog Paper Therapy! I decided to get this one out of the way so that I can focus on my swaps this weekend. As well as this week's MFT Judge's challenge! We have to frame something!!! Eeeekkk!!!! What in the world will I come up with???!!!! I'm definitely going to have to sleep on this one!
Anyway, back to Twisted Thursday!
I was going through my Stampin' Up! designer paper earlier today for the card I made below, and I came across the Bella Blue designer paper. I don't remember buying this!!!! But, somehow it made its way to my collection! I decided to make use of some of it and make a card!
The colors in this paper are Kraft, Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy. I really like Not Quite Navy! I think it's a really cool color! So, I was even more excited to work with this!
For the last MFT challenge, we had to make 1 layer cards. So, I was definitely putting on the layers on this baby! Another "twist" to this challenge was that we had to use ribbon. So, I decided to use lace, thread, and Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon. I hand stitched the designer paper w/ beige thread. And then I used the Pretties Kit for the hat pin and jewels and pearls. For the sentiment panel, the words are from Kitchen Sink Stamps Other Imnportant People. I stamped the words in Not Quite Navy. Then, I took one of the stamps from Garden Silhouettes, and stamped it in Sahara Sand, and then highlighted the tips of the flowers w/ my white gel pen.
And that's it!
Happy Stamping!!!

9 comments:

  1. Erin...I love this card...the stitching is so 'fab'...but you always do such a super job...
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant interpretation of this week's TT sketch..... Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...very elegant and classy...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, I love the stick pin. My sister used to wear these all the time on her clothes, and I was always way jealous of them.
    I love your sewing on your card too. Pat is right, this is a very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Erin! I love the colors and how you stamped those flowers....great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh! Erin, I love, love, love this! It's so pretty and elegant - that lace is flippin' to die for!! You of course NAILED the sketch, and all of your elements are just stunning - I am in love with the stitching around the outside of the image! WOW!!! Thanks so much for playing, sweetie!! You rock my world!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card, I really like the flower image, so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a delicate and feminine card. I love how you sewed on it and I love how nicely those little while flowers show up. It means so much that you take the time to play out challenges. Now let's keep our fingers crossed so that you WIN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!