Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mail's Here!








Hello! Today I decorated a mailbox, because I wanted to try something different. I originally wanted to decorate a candle, but my 2 year old daughter "misplaced" them! So, I looked through my stash and found this undecorated mailbox that I think I got at Target in the dollar bin. I decorated the other one last year for Valentine's Day. This one has been waiting to be decorated for SO LONG! The side w/ the cupid mailboy is actually from the sketch challenge on Card Patterns this week!
I chose to use the stamp set French Mail by Crafty Secrets. They have awesome vintage type stamps in their fabulous collection! French Mail is the only one that I have, hopefully at some point I can purchase some more sets! They are SO cool!!!!
I used Windsor Knot paper (retired) from Stampin' Up!. And brown 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. I stitched lace together to make a flower blossom, and added buttons for detail. The little cupid mailboy was cut out and adhered to Baja Breeze paper, and then adhered to Choc. Chip paper both cut w/ my Labels Nesties. I added white fun flock to the mailboy's wing to make him more believable as cupid! Or a little angel!!!
Have a great day!!!
Happy Stamping!!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Erin
    What a cute little mailbox! I heart the cupid mailboy!!!!!:)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment..:)
    Have a creative weekend! :)
    Cheers, Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest ever! I really like how you altered the mailbox with the ribbon on the edges. The little boy image is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin you really are super clever and ultra creative!!Totally love this whole project and how cool of you to find some of your inspiration from Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great mailbox! I love the cupid mailboy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin...that is simply the cutest thing...and love that image too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, how creative are you?!?! I love that you used the sketch on a 3-D item. Great job with it!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin...I LOVE THIS....how cute it that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absolutely adorable!! and to see u use it on a box is so creative! thanks for joining us again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE!! Love that sweet little mailman image, and all of your embellishments are just FANTASTIC!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just adorable!! What a creative project. Any idea what you'll put in there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet! You have inspired me to pull out that stamp set again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!