Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Challenge

Today's challenge is Limited Supply. So, we had to use our scraps and make a card out of it. Well, I guess I cleaned a little too early, because my desk was spotless when I came in to work! See....

But, what you can't see, and what I WON'T take a picture of is the rest of my room! Hahaha! I have so much stuff in here, PartyLite stuff, the kids games, the pack & play with stuff in it, and a bunch of stamp sets strewn all over the floor!

So, when I read the challenge, I thought, Hmmmmm, what the heck am I going to do? I have all of my scraps filed away by color. That was my re-organizing when my dad closed his office. I got one of his filing cabinets and I color coded and separated all of my Stampin' Up paper. All other paper I threw away and the 12x12 went into my paper taker and two paper holder bags (for lack of better words! You can seen them above. Clear with black straps, there's cotton balls on the one!) It's rather funny, because I'm SO into organization with my stamping stuff, but for the rest of the house, I'm not so worried about it!

All right, already, back to the challenge! Anyway, here's the card I ended up making. I've been looking at Happy Harmony for about a week now, and I finally decided to ink it up. This isn't the first time I've used it, I just haven't used it in a while. When you have as many stamp sets as I do, it's hard to ink them all up all the time!

Recipe:

Stamps: Happy Harmony

Paper: Brocade Blue, vanilla (cardstock from Michael's)

Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Garden Green, silver gel pen (LOVE THESE!)

Accessories: cuttlebug flower folder, wild wasabi ribbon, clear e.p., brayer, sponge

Ok, it's 3:10, so I'm assuming my sister, Thera, has already left DC to come home for the weekend, so I can post this! Ever since I made my cousin coasters for Christmas (if you're browsing through my blog, they are the ones with H on them), my sister has wanted them. So, since she's coming home, and we won't see her until Easter, I thought I would make some for her! I'm also making her a block, I have that somewhere on here too, with pictures. She's been wanting one of those too!

Recipe:

Ink: Black craft ink (which I learned while heat setting this, that this is really good ink, because when it sets, it becomes matte, so you can see where it's dry!), silver ink from martha stewart

Accessories: T stencil from Michael's, sponge, tile from Lowes - it's called Rialto Beige, and they measure 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 square; cork for the backing.

I thought these turned out SO good! I can't wait to give them to her! My valentine is the card that's also somewhere on here with the girl holding the overly large heart, and it has cuttlebug swirls on the bottom. I just love that card! That's one of the bad things about making cards. You make something that you absolutely love, and find a reason to give it, but you don't WANT to give it because you love it so much! Talk about a catch 22!

Anyway, Happy Stamping!!!

2 comments:

  1. i think i've seen that coaster somewhere.... your blog is great erin, keep up the good work :)

    -brian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!