Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today's sketch challenge


Today's sketch challenge on Splitcoast called for several layers, and I could use whatever color, whatever sentiment, whatever embellishments. So, even though I had a lot of freedom, the sketch itself was interesting. I don't think I've ever placed paper in this way on a card before. I'm VERY traditional and stick with what I'm used to. That's another reason why I love these challenges! They get my mind going in new directions!!!! Ok, ok, I'll stop commenting on how wonderful the Splitcoast challenges are!!! One more thing, and I'll get off my soapbox. Even if you aren't a member of Splitcoast, you can still do the challenges. You just can't uplaod them. But. if you're doing all the work, why not become a member?!! It's free!


Ok, today's card was really cool, and I got some really nice comments on it. Kevin, of course, said it was very nice on his way out the door to go to work! It wasn't that early! We had a 2 hour delay.... And I really wish my butt was still in bed, since Lady Godiva, aka Olivia, was up all night.


But, as I thought about the sketch, I was going through my catalog of stamp sets that I have, and I thought I could do something really nice with Bold Butterfly. I am trying to use stamp sets that either haven't seen ink at all, or haven't seen ink in quite a while. So, once I chose my stamp set, it was easy to pick everything else!



Recipe:

Stamps: Bold Butterfly

Paper: Spring Flowers D.P. (retired), So Saffron cardstock I think

Ink: Cameo Coral, Mellow Moss

Accessories: wire, paper piercing, hardware, ribbon, 3-d dimensionals

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!