Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Some new challenges!

Wow, today is Wednesday and I haven't uploaded any of my challenge submissions yet this week to my blog! Well, I've been a little busy. I had my first PartyLite training last night. It's just so cool, I really think I'll be able to do this, and do it well. Wish me lots of luck!!!!!


On to the challenges! The first challenge, on Monday, was a Technique challenge. We had to make a Pixie Pouch card. I have never made one, so I was super interested in making one! Once I figured out the measurements, it was a piece of cake! Then, I had to think about what I wanted to decorate with! Oh, the stamp sets that paraded through my head! I chose to stick with Valentine's Day, and that got me started in the direction I ended up in.


Recipe:
Stamps: Time for Fun, Sweet Talk, large cupcake from Hampton Arts
Paper: Ruby Red, Blush Blossom
Ink: versamark, ruby red, silver gel metallic pen, basic brown (for sponging edges)
Accessories: silver e.p.; clear, pink, red and green stickles

Technique: versamark on white paper, then do silver embossing powder, then repeat about 3 times. Then, once the e.p. is hot and kind of liquidy, take away from heat and sprinkle on the e.p. Do this 2 more times. Then, while it's still hot, take your stamp (make sure it's ink free), and press into the e.p. This will etch the image into the e.p. Cut around image and decorate as needed. This is a really cool technique to try if you're still pretty new to stamping!


The second challenge was a color challenge. We had to use Soft Sky, Blue Bayou (both in-colors), and Real Red. I was getting tired of just doing card after card, so I decided to change things up a bit and do a bag instead!


Recipe:
Stamps: Carte Postale, Garden Silhouette
Paper: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou
Ink: Blue Bayou, Real Red
Accessories: scallop punch, 2 sizes circle punches, ribbon, sponges
Technique: 2-5-7-10 box (tutorial found here)


The third challenge, today, was a sketch challenge. Or, layout challenge. All day, I thought about what I was going to do, and I finally came up with this. I started out with 3 different color families, and ended up with 2 colors! Funny how that happens! And I ran out of room! The card that I used was smaller than the white cards that I normally use. I get the 25 packs from Michael's, and use those as the bases for my cards, or use them as paper to stamp on and add to colored paper. It's just so much easier and cheaper than buying ream after ream of white cardstock from Stampin' Up!. I thought about making this into a baby boy card, but I ran out of room! And my stars were too big, so I ended up only able to use 1! Darn! They were so cute when I got them out of the cuttlebug!

Recipe:
Stamps: Stars & Swirls
Paper: Brocade Blue, vanilla, So Saffron
Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard
Accessories: cuttlebug swirl folder, sponging, paper piercer, brayer (to go over the swirls)


Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!