Sunday, July 27, 2008

Brooke's frame



Last night I started working on this frame for friend of mine who had a baby girl last month. I'm finally able to connect w/ her, and wanted to make her daughter a frame for her room.


When I talked to my friend, I asked her what Brooke's room colors were going to be once her room was finished, and she said pink, w/ green and yellow flowers. So, I used those colors when designing this frame.

The flowers are punched out of Barely Banana, w/ Regal Rose centers. The green stem that connects her letters and in the corner, I drew on Mellow Moss, and sponged mellow moss on the sides to give some depth. The letters are actually stencils and used Regal Rose marker on Pretty in Pink paper, and then punched out of a 1 3/8" circle punch. I sponged Regal Rose all around the circles, and all around the background paper.

I took a piece of vellum and punched a circular design all along the edges. I wanted vellum to be between the background paper and the name so that the name sticks out and doesn't get lost in the background paper!

The green ribbon is from the Theater pack from SU!. The pink is I believe Pretty in Pink grosgrain. I used an S-clip for some detail.

Thanks for stopping by!
Decorate a frame in your house and make it stand out!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!