Monday, July 21, 2008

Masculine Birthday card


I took a week off of stamping to kind of relax and get excited about stamping again. I was so overloaded w/doing that basket in such a short amount of time, I exhausted my brain! So, now I'm back, and what a week to come back to! There are the daily challenges on splitcoast as well as Dare to Get Dirty challenges that you can do if you're a fan club member. I am, but only because I don't want to miss anything! And I get automatic uploading capabilities so my projects don't need to be approved first before they are viewable. Just one of the perks.
Today's card was done for the Try A New Technique challenge. We had to incorporate 3 challenges into 1! Baby Wipes technique with a sketch challenge and a color challenge of only using Bravo Burgundy and Creamy Caramel.

Well, since I have a ton of reinkers, I found Bravo Burgundy and Creamy Caramel in my mix, and put a couple droplets on my folded up baby wipes. Then, I dabbed it all over my cardstock. I did go through a few pieces of cs before I got this background! Then, I started working on the sketch challenge. We had to do 3 circles or 3 something in a row down the card. So, I just used my two biggest SU! circle punches. The stamped images are from Studio G which I found at Michael's in the dollar bins by the registers. I love searching through there! Now I have quite a few, so I have to really think about whether or not I have a certain one! Anyway, so I used two different birthday stamp sets to create this card. I sponged burgundy around the edges of the circles and the main layer. And I added 3 brushed silver brads to complete the look. There had to be something over on that side to balance the card!

Thanks for looking!
Have a fabulous day!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!