Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I love to scrapbook.....NOT!


Today's card is for the Ways to Use It Challenge: Mini size everything!
I instantly thought of my collection of Michael's dollar stamps by Studio G that are pretty much in mint condition because I just like to collect them. I never use them!!! And they are all super cute! I could make a zillion ATC's with them. But I don't like to limit myself to a 2" x 2" card! I need LOTS of space!

Anyway, back to the card! Yesterday, I went to Michael's to pick up 1 thing and I came out w/ 2 bags full of stuff! How does that happen? I look in my basket and it's full! Who puts that stuff in there that I HAVE TO HAVE?! I got some little tins that were already decorated (woo hoo!) for my party and I'm putting a little stamp set in there w/ a spool of ribbon. Just a little thank you for coming and swapping too! But while I was rooting around the stamp bin, I found this cute set that's all about scrapbooking! Well, on my card I have used every stamp in this set! I just had to have it! Now, if you know me, you KNOW I hate to scrapbook. So, why did I buy this???!!!! Who the heck knows! I just had to have it! Maybe it will get me into that scrapbooking mode? We'll see about that!

So, back to the card, again! The striped paper is Brooke Narr Stripe by Making Memories. And to get sidetracked again, I just want to say how much I LOVE this paper! My favorite combo right now is Wild Wasabi and Regal Rose, and both of those colors are in this striped paper! Can't get better than that! And it's not even Stampin' Up!!!! Ok, back to the recipe! The other paper is (surprise, surprise) Regal Rose and Wild Wasabi. I was reorganizing (one of my favorite things to do, because I always find something that I forgot I had!) and I realized I could use my alphabet brads that I bought SOOO long ago! And the heart is a brad as well. I searched through my brads (seriously, I don't have THAT many!), but did not have any number brads. So, I used one of my alphabet stencils that has numbers on the bottom. All the ink is Wild Wasabi. The ribbon is Wild Wasabi double stitched. I have an S-hook that is securing the scrapbook to the card so I don't have to adhere w/ adhesive, which is always a bonus when I can be creative like that! The tag, glue and scissors I cut out w/ just my fiskars scissors (honestly, no big deal to cut these babies out), and adhered them to brads (big brads! SSShhhh!!!!) w/ glue dots. And that's it! Simple, simple card! I seem to really like this layout, as I think I've used it quite a few times! I'll have to come up w/ something cool! Off to search! Oh wait, I have to finish my swap cards! Yes, you read correctly. I'm not done yet! Well, at least the church basket is out of my house! Woo hoo! One project done, another one on its way!

On to the birthday swaps!

Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!!
Or as my new friend says: Stamp On!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!