Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

Today we are going to our cousin's for a day of swimming (cross your fingers!), great food, and visiting w/ family that we haven't seen in quite a while. One of our cousin's is hosting a party at their house, and I thought that I would make something to give her for letting 50 to 80 of us invade her home!


This bag was also made for today's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS. So, another 2-fer! To give you some quick details, before my husband puts a fire under my butt to get us out of here, here goes!

This is a 2-5-7-10 bag, and I just cut off the top. I saw this last night while perusing the current SU! catalog. I used the sets In the Stars which is in the current Mini catalog; and Star Spangled Banner which has long since been retired. I used Real Red, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla. The striped paper is from eclecticPaperie when they were selling bundles of paper. For the bell/flag: I stamped w/ versamark, and then colored it with my forgotten Stampin' Pastels and a Q-tip. I sponged Basic Brown around the edges to give it an older look. I inked the whole thing in versamark and did the clear embossing a couple times. I stuck it in the freezer for about 45 minutes. I took it out and cracked it.

The challenge was to use 4 different pieces of paper, and 4 embellishments. I already told you the paper that I used. The 4 embellishments: 2 different types of punches, gold star brads, and ribbon for the handles. I also crimped strips of paper to put inside as filler. I just love how that looks!

I put in 6 tealights inside so she can relax tomorrow!

Thanks for looking!
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!