Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tart & Tangy Times Two! Now say that 5 times fast!

These cards were done last night to start my collection of cards that I am making for a silent auction at my church's festival next week. Yes, I said next week! So, I need to make 16 cards, (two down! Woo hoo!!!), a set of recipe cards (already done! This will be in the next post!), and an assortment of other things that I haven't decided on yet! I had to wait for my SU! stuff to come in before I could start. Well, it's here now! So, immediately after I post these cards, make a wedding card for my sister, I can get started! Oh wait, I have to squeeze in an anniversary card for my parents! Oh the pressure is building!!!! Will I get it done on time? We'll see!


Anyway, on to the Tart and Tangy! Sounds like a soap opera introduction! This past Sunday when I was stamping at The Crop Shop in Greensburg, I was searching for paper for my Relay For Life thank you's. I came across all this fruit paper, and snatched some of it up to use on my cards w/ my newest favorite set Tart & Tangy from the mini catalog. I even bought the SU! paper that goes with it, that I forgot about! Oh well! This other paper from The Crop Shop has worked out well! As you can see!

I had to make the lemon and lime match the greens and yellows in the paper. That was a little hard! But, I managed, w/ two different greens and my aquapainter! Same for the label from Label Classics. That is actually More Mustard and the greens are Green Galore and Garden Green. The lemon is YoYo Yellow and Summer Sun. The background paper is Summer Sizzle from American Traditional Designs.

This second card uses the same stamp sets as the first. The paper underneath is called Strawberry Patch by someone (I can't find the paper!) If you really want to know, I have the info under this picture on SCS. I also used vellum which is a little too cloudy and you can't see the strawberries that well. Oh well! Just something else to buy! I added an eyelet to the folded vellum to get a little glimpse of the strawberries underneath. I made the main colors Real Red and Garden Green. I have a layer of Real Red behind my label. Oh, and the sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. I added green eyelets just for something, because I felt like it was missing something on that side of the card! Perhaps too much? I threaded the polka dotted ribbon through to attach the vellum to the card.

Since I love strawberries, I really love this card!!! Hope you all do to!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Tart and Tangy day!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!