Friday, July 4, 2008

It's Like Comparing Apples to Oranges....I mean Cherries!

This card was made for the SMM basket. I was still working w/ the Tart & Tangy set w/ the matching Designer Paper! I LOVE this stuff!!!


Anyway, the paper is Tart & Tangy D.P. and whisper white. I used Tart & Tangy and Fancy Flexible Phrases. I used red ribbon as an embellishment. I used quite a few punches on 1 card! I'm proud of myself! Here is what I used: scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle, 1 3/8" square, 1 1/4" square, word window, and hole punch. Whew! I think I got them all! I used big metal brads to add some detail. This is the first card that I have used these for! I even have bigger ones, but figured these would work best! And my beloved pop up dots! Can't make a card without them! Well, I can, but it wouldn't be very interesting!!!

And.... I added a cherry to the envelope to tie it all together! Just had to!



So, I was still messing around w/ the Tart & Tangy set w/ the Designer Paper and wanted to use the apple. The apple was the only stamp I had not used in this set! I just HAD to ink it up!!! I figured the color in the d.p. was Always Artichoke. I cut the papers and adhered them to the card front. I put a layer of sticky strip down, and then layed my red ribbon down for a vibrant separator. I stamped the apple in Always Artichoke and then punched them out w/ the 1 3/8" circle punch. I stamped and cut out the Real Red apple and stuck it to the corner, because I didn't center my sentiment enough before I started writing! Ooops! So, I had some extra room at the end! Anyway, I sponged the edges of the circles, and then adhered to the Real Red scallops that I hole punched each loop to add some detail! I added an apple to the envelope to match!

Thanks for stopping by!
You really can't compare apples to cherries!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!