Friday, July 4, 2008

Simply Said...Red, White and Blue!

This card is for the SMM basket, and my first w/ Simply Said. I don't think I've used this set before. The card in the previous post was done after this one was completed yesterday. Or maybe the day before. I can't remember when I made this card! It's been a crazy couple of days!


Anyway, I used SU! Hostess Designer Paper Pack for all the different styles. I did faux sewing, because I refuse to buy a sewing machine just to get this "look" on my cards. I used my paper piercer from my eyelet setting kit, and then ran through all the holes w/ a red pen. The other stamp set is from Fancy Flexible Phrases (the sentiment). All ink is Real Red. I put silver brads on the argyle layer just to add some embellishment. Same w/ the circles that I punched out using the 1 3/8", 1 1/4", and 3/4" circle punches. I distressed the edges of the white paper to add some detail, and also sponged the blue striped paper for same result. The red polka dot ribbon was an added embellishment to add something to the circles. And that's it! It was a fairly easy card to create. Just a lot of layers! But, this is going out of my comfort zone, because I don't usually do more than 1 layer! I like how this turned out! I hope you like it too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day....Just Because!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!