Sunday, July 6, 2008

A walk through the forest....

This card was made for the SMM basket. I have been wanting to make a pink tree ever since I saw a card on SCS that used pink instead of the traditional green for Lovely As A Tree. I love that card, and I have it in my head, but I don't know who made it, and I can't remember when I saw it online!

When thinking about what stamp sets I would use for these cards, Lovely As A Tree was the first set written down! I LOVE this set! I know, it's a bunch of trees! But, I have created quite a few different cards using this 1 set!!! That's what I love about SU! and other stamp sets from other companies. I usually only buy them if I can use more than one stamp more than 1 way! I'm a versatile stamper, so my stamps need to be versatile! And Lovely As A Tree is one of those that can be used in MANY different ways!
Ok, on to the good nitty gritty stuff! I stamped the tree in Regal Rose, and then stamped on top of it in Versamark. Then, I poured Heat & Stick Powder, heated and then very lightly sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on top. I stamped the "forest" behind the main image, and then put sheer pink ribbon around and that's it for this card!

The second card I made also uses Lovely As A Tree, and I don't know if I like this card. I'm afraid to put something on the top of the card. I love my clouds that I made! I don't want to hide them! There are some boring cards at Hallmark, that have less than what I have on my card! So, this is it! This could be a male card! No bling, no shiny stuff, no ribbon! I used my cloud mask and sponged clouds. Then I took Wild Wasabi ink and sponged grass. I got my aquapainter out, and made some grass and defined the hillside. The sentiment is from Fancy Flexible Phrases. The tree was stamped w/ Garden Green and Choc. Chip. I sponged the inside of the tree w/ Wild Wasabi and Close to Cocoa. The layer behind the main image is Choc. Chip.


For the last card in this collection, I used Friendship Blooms. This card isn't one of my favorites either, for as much as I love the set, I'm not so hot about this card. Oh well! It doesn't look bad, it's just not what I envisioned.

I stamped w/ Regal Rose onto Regal Rose paper and cut out the flowers. I stamped the leaves in Wild Wasabi. I stamped the swirls w/ Regal Rose. I stamped the sentiment 'I'm here for you always, please know that I care' from Curvy Verses and cut them into stems. This way I don't have to make room for my sentiment! I love when I can do that! I cut out Wild Wasabi and cut grass out.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have you enjoyed your tour of the forest?!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!