Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Journal and Pen set


This journal and pen set was made for the SMM basket that I am almost finished w/! I was going to decorate a planner, but I can't find them in my craft room! I found a stack of journals instead, and decided to decorate a journal and have a matching pen! I think it turned out ok?! The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't go to the binding. So you can see a little green peeking out, but until someone comes out w/ a punch for this type of binding, then I'm out of luck! Oh well!

I took Very Vanilla and stamped my French Script background stamp about 4 times to cover the entire piece, in Black Memento ink. I took my Martha Stewart bone folder and roughed the edges all along the vanilla paper. Then, I sponged Basic Brown all around it and over the vanilla.

I stamped Lovely Letters in Black Memento ink onto very vanilla, and punched them out using a 1 1/4" square punch. I punched black paper w/ my 1 3/8" square punch and layered the squares. I knotted some brown ribbon and taped it in the back. I took the whole piece of Very Vanilla and ran it through my xyron 900 to make the whole thing sticky and hopefully will be less likely to peel off after use! I ran the letter squares through my mini xyron and stuck those on. I stamped the two flowers from Garden Silhouettes in Black Memento ink just to add some decorative detail.

For the pen, I cut a piece of vanilla, and stamped it w/ French Script. I sponged Basic Brown all around the edges, and stuck it inside the pen!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!