Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall....Who's the Fairest Of Them All?


Today's card was done for the Try A New Technique Challenge on SCS: Suspension Cards. This was a really fun card to make! I was looking at all the gallery submissions when I thought about doing this and I just ran w/ it!

I used Basic Gray for the card itself. I stamped flowers from Toile Blossoms as a background w/ Black Memento ink. The guilt frame is a metal sheet that I stamped w/ StazOn so it wouldn't smudge or dry off. The evil witch was found on http://www.disney.com/ and under archives. I wrote the sentiment on parchment paper w/ a quill and Real Red reinker. I tried to make some droplets of blood on the sentiment, but it doesn't look like it turned out! Oh well! I bought that parchment set a couple years ago when visiting DC. I never had to use it until today! I ran the two strips through my Xyron so they were sticky on the back, but I didn't want anything to show through!

I stamped Snow White on Very Vanilla and colored her in. I sponged and dabbed Basic Gray around the edges to match the card. I put dental floss between the two ovals to make them spin better. It works better than thread. The two ovals are stencils.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope there's not an evil witch lurking in your mirror today!
Happy Stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!